Sunday, July 9, 2017

Project 2 Part 2 Halo Locus Helmet

Since My last update, I worked on retopologizing my Locus Helmet from Halo 4. Originally I had planned to research using 3ds max to retopo my sculpt. However transitioning  between maya and 3ds max has proven to be too difficult to manage on top of my other studies. So I am switching my research to learning more hard surface techniques. In this particular project I learned to use the Z modeler tool to box model from Zbrush. I used it to create beveled edges and the polish groups option to created hard polished surfaces.
 Low poly mesh created in Maya. 13642 tris.