This week we learned about taking a piece of concept art and turning it into a 3D model. Some of the challenges that occurred were figuring out proportions, where it was ok to deviate from the work and keeping mesh neat with no vertices out of line. It took about 4 hours to make.
I gave specific colors to parts of the model so that the UE4 would have 3 material slots.
For this weeks Lego project I joined the land transportation group. After much discussion and playing with Legos we decided to split into two teams of three. Our team consisted of Raymond D Halley(aka Doug), Connor, and myself. We decided on a spider like vehicle that could scale the environments teams gigantic tree. (Perhaps for tree tending) Doug figured out how the legs would work and modeled most of the joints. My shovel piece being used for the claws. Connor modeled the railing structures. The project began with Connor constructing the core body from which I built off of and added materials. Finally Doug rigged the legs so that they could be rotated and revolved. He posed the vehicle and sent it off to the environment team. I put around 10 hours into this project.